Urbanics is a market leader in consulting related to amenity contributions, having participated in contribution negotiations for the rezoning of both Concord Pacific Place and Coal Harbour – processes which pioneered the practice in Western Canada. We offer services to both municipalities and developers, applying rigorous economic and financial analysis to determine the warranted magnitude of amenity contribution payments in accordance with municipal guidelines and precedent.
Amenity contribution consulting services frequently include:
- Developer pro forma assessment
- Market research to determine likely pricing and cap rates
- Research about municipal guidelines and precedents
- Determination of residual land value and land lift resulting from rezoning
- Determination of the amenity value generated by the inclusion of specialty land uses
SELECTED PROJECT EXPERIENCE: